Saturday, March 03, 2007

Meet the Fisher Girls

Erin Elizabeth Fisher
14 years old
One word descriptions: smart; beautiful; talented; loyal
She is: an artist; a musician; a writer; a poet; a daughter; a sister; a granddaughter; a niece; a friend; a computer geek; a teenager; a leader; most like her mama

Erin is my first grandchild. She was the first one who brought tears to my eyes because... well, no other reason... just because. By virtue of being first, she changed my path in life. I was no longer content to go down the same road because now I had a granddaughter; someone with whom I could bake cookies; that I could take shopping; that would sing Beatles songs with me, not caring that I couldn’t sing a lick; a precious, perfect baby to hold and love.

One thing I won’t forget: that she sang Blue Bayou to me on the phone when she was only two years old - the whole song.

Emily Virginia Fisher
12 years old
One word descriptions: smart; beautiful; unique; insightful
She is: an equestrian; an animal lover; a straight A student; a daughter; a sister; a granddaughter; a niece; a friend; most like her daddy; a pre-teen only days away from that magic birthday number 13.

Emily came second and my heart melted completely. How I loved my sweet Emmy. What a perfect baby she was; so sweet and loving. Too often, she played second fiddle to her older sister, not because she had to, because she chose to. She often hesitated to step out on her own; afraid to risk; afraid to try but never afraid to love or to offer a part of herself to others.

One thing I won’t forget: Her Tea Party Birthday

Sarah Grace Fisher
10 years old
One word descriptions: smart; beautiful; funny; charming
She is: the baby of the family; a shopper; a daughter; a sister; a granddaughter; a niece; a friend; a mix of her mama and daddy; the easy going one in her family

Sarah loves being the baby in her family and is well suited to the role. She is open to the world but took the longest in growing close to me. I think she may take the longest time in growing apart from me now that we are close. Gosh, I hope so!

One thing I won’t forget: The scratch on her finger after our accident.

It's hard to believe that over 14 years have passed since I became a grandmother. It was never a role I chose. It was not a position I sought but one that I give thanks for every day.

Thank you God, that it came to me in the form of these three Fisher girls and their cousins, Anna and Kayla.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Marsha at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home