Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Via Dolorosa

I intended to have this song up a couple of days ago but didn't get it done. I'll leave it up for a few days after Easter on the off chance that someone will visit the site and appreciate this song as much as I do.

This version is by Wayne Kirkpatrick, Gordon Kennedy, Phillip Madeira & Billy Sprague. The best known, I would think, was performed by Sandi Patty but I prefer this one. I really like the acoustic guitar on this one.

The Via Dolorosa (The Way Of Suffering)

Down the Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem that day
The soldiers tried to clear the narrow street
But the crowd pressed in to see
The Man condemned to die on Calvary

He was bleeding from a beating, there were stripes upon His back
And He wore a crown of thorns upon His head
And He bore with every step
The scorn of those who cried out for His death

Down the Via Dolorosa called the way of suffering
Like a lamb came the Messiah, Christ our King,
But He chose to walk that road out of
His love for you and me.
Down the Via Dolorosa, all the way to Calvary.
OooOooh

The blood that would cleanse the souls of all men
Made its way through the heart of Jerusalem.

Down the Via Dolorosa called the way of suffering
Like a lamb came the Messiah, Christ our King
But He chose to walk that road out of His love for you and me
Down the Via Dolorosa, all the way for you and me, for you and me
Down the Via Dolorosa, all the way to Calvary.
OooOooh

Labels: , ,

posted by Marsha at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home