Saturday, August 18, 2007

Friday Feast #156 -- late again!

Can't believe I've missed so many Friday Feasts. I guess I am not truly committed to posting them but they are easy and I don't have to think about a topic I want to post about when I go by a formula. Lazy blogging? Guilty!

Appetizer -Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?

With only myself to do laundry for, it is not a problem. I do laundry when I feel like it or if something I want or need to wear is dirty.

Soup -In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?

I occasionally felt old as a child; today at 60, I often feel young. I don't know what old is beyond a feeling.

Salad -What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?

My son convinced my when I retired that I set too many goals in my life. I no longer set goals and find that I still get things done, have less stress and it only took (nearly) four years to get to this point. Thanks John!

Main Course -Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.

Two years and four mission trips later, I continue to be amazed by the devastation that resulted from Hurricane Katrina. Not only the physical effects in New Orleans and along the Gulf Coast, but in the attitudes and behavior of people... good and bad.

Dessert -On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?

Happiness seems elusive to me as it is a fleeting emotion, too often dependent on the action of others or effected by things outside of our control. If you ask me about contentment, I will tell you that I am a 9 or 10. Are happiness and contentment the same thing? You tell me.

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice website. :) I got caught up reading the whole page instead of just the feast post!

I don't think contentment and happiness are the same thing exactly. If the question had asked contentment, my number would have been higher. :)

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 10:21:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice feast, my first time to ever blog!

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 10:22:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Marsha said...

Kitkat, I tried to leave a comment on your blog but never found a comment entry space. I hope you return to find this message.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 11:21:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Marsha said...

ginafish... I don't think they are the same either. I am totally content with my life even if I don't feel particularly happy at any given moment. Happy comes and goes, satisfaction is more permanent... at least that's the way I see it.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 11:31:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Gattina said...

I agree with you concerning the age !!

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 11:57:00 AM CDT  
Blogger alisonwonderland said...

nice thoughts about happiness and contentment. happiness, at least for me, does seem often dependent on the actions of others. i like the idea of contentment better. i also like the idea of joy - which ultimately comes only through Jesus Christ.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 3:24:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for feasting with me. And thanks for a nice comment on my English skills - I'm doing my best. If you'd like to try your Polish skills you know where to find me :-)
I liked your answers to the Feast - especially the dessert. And I find Your blog worth "wasting time on reading" so I will definitely come back and read more than the Feast.
Greetings form Poland! Marta

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 3:47:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Joseph C. Harris said...

Great feast. My feast is now up.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 6:50:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

these "feasts" are interesting. Like what you said about goals, but I'm not quite ready to give them up yet.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 8:28:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home