Monday, July 16, 2007

A Busy Week

The past week was busy for me. Just catching up after being gone for three weeks was hectic enough. Laundry, cleaning, clearing away the mail that accumulated.

I also missed my son's 33rd birthday while I was gone. I finally got around to making a birthday dinner for him and his favorite yellow cake with chocolate icing on Wednesday night. We had half of it after dinner and I sent the rest of that home with him so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it myself. I took the other half of the cake with me to Dee's on Thursday night and it was pretty much devoured that evening.

Here's a few photos from my time with my kids last week.


John blowing out the candles on his cake... not very fancy, but it was good!


Dee on the phone, talking to her sister Jamie, my other daughter in Florida.


This is Emily, 13, (a good photo of her other than the finger, which would not clone out easily. I could have cropped it out but would lose part of her chin... oh well.)


This is Erin, 14, taken on the front porch swing. She was sitting with her friend Amy, who I cropped out of the photo. It was a nice shot of them both and I will send the original photo to be shared. They will start high school this year... sigh.


and of course, Sarah Grace, almost 11.
I can't believe she is moving to middle school this year... another sigh!

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Marsha at

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

Wow, what a beautiful family! You are blessed.

Monday, July 16, 2007 at 3:27:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Marsha said...

We are indeed a blessed family in many ways. Not only are they beautiful on the outside, which I see as God's gift to them.... more importantly, they are all good and decent people, which I see as their gift to the world.

They are all smart too!

You'll have to excuse me for being a proud mother and grandmother.

Monday, July 16, 2007 at 5:47:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

oh now you go right ahead!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 at 7:11:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home