Friday, January 18, 2008

Pensieve's Poetic License Challenge

I've decided to give this a try and boy did I pick a tough one (at least for me) to start participating. The form this month is Terza Rima, which I was unfamiliar with. She has offered two themes to write on and of the two, I chose beginnings.

Go to Robin's blog to check out this month's poetry challenge and for an explanation of the challenge and the form.

Here's my try.

The Day Begins

The early morning sun peeks through the window sill,
The light flickering just enough
To cause the cat to stir from his still
Quiet place; as I cough
He yawns and stretches before sauntering away.
I close my eyes again, shutting off
The source of the light as it grows into day.
He returns, nudging me, urging me to rise
And let him out to go his way.
I resist but finally open my eyes
To the silent beginning of these early moments.
I open the door, giving in to his cries;
He runs out to the backyard jungles between the fences
And I return to my place of rest to bask again in the silence.

©marsha miller
2008

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marsha, YAAAEEEE! So glad you found this carnival and decided to participate :).

Yours tells a story, that both keeps with terza rima and flows thought to thought. Excellent. :)

Next month, it'll be MUCH easier, so if this didn't scare you off, next February will be a breeze.

p.s. I'll add you to both the email reminder group and the Mr. Linky posted yesterday.

Thanks again!

~ Robin

Friday, January 18, 2008 at 1:47:00 PM CST  
Blogger Pamela said...

I have that cats sister.
but, I have to head out for work --

lovely terza rima. I tried to stick to the super bowl snacks suggestion and mine was less enjoyable.

Friday, January 18, 2008 at 8:20:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home