Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday Feast #158

I found this one to be the hardest feasts I've done so far.

Appetizer -Who is the easiest person for you to talk to?

My children. Each one can be or any given one of them at different times. If for any reason they aren't available or I've talked them out... well then Ginger makes a good listener!

Soup -If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose?

This is hard for me because I really have never had a desire to live in any other time than today. I am not a history buff nor am I really interested in ancient culture. So while I don't consider it an ancient city in the same sense of Rome, nor do I necessarily think it was at the height of quality at the time, I would pick to live in Jerusalem while Jesus was there.

Salad -What is the most exciting event you’ve ever witnessed?

The birth of my children. (I guess this was something I experienced instead of witnessed. I'm leaving it as my answer though.)

Main Course -If you were a celebrity, what would you do for a publicity stunt?

Well, it wouldn't involve a public restroom! (Larry Craig) ...drinking or drugs! (Paris or Lindsey) ...my underwear or lack thereof! (Brittney) I like to think that I would do something of value, something that would make a real difference in the world or influence others in a positive way.

Dessert -What do you consider the ideal age to have a first child?

Between 27 (which is when I had my last child) and 32. I started early and realized later that I could have used a few more years to just have fun and enjoy life before tying myself down to the responsibility of children. While I think I was a good mother, a little more life experience wouldn't have hurt.

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

12 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

I think you picked an excellent soup - it would have been amazing to be in Jerusalem. I so agree with you about some of the crazy stunts these celebrities pull...

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 1:08:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great feast. I especially like your main course and dessert.

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 1:57:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, it would be great to be in Jerusalem! Love your feast:)

Thanks for sharing!

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 4:27:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Gattina said...

I agree very much with your dessert it's very important to live first for fun and then as a young couple, but sometimes you just can't choose, or you just don't know.

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 5:12:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Dedee said...

My soup is the same as yours.

Love the feast.

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 8:09:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Ginafish said...

I couldn't really pick an ancient city. Jerusalem at the time of Jesus would have been interesting for all the 'heresy' that Nazarene was teaching in the temple. ;) I wonder when the citizens realized that He is the Son of God!

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 8:15:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, It is really nice that you can talk to your children so easily--that is a gift. I also chose "the births" as my answer :)

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 8:42:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Linda said...

What a joy it would be to hear the teachings of Jesus first hand. I too, experienced instead of witnessing the birth of my children. Back then, we were out cold.

Lovely feast.

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 8:51:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mel said...

What a yummy feast!! Every course was delicious!!

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 3:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

I especially liked your last answer! My mom had me at 21, and she was only 40 when I was in college. wow!

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 6:01:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Helena said...

You made the feast look so easy. Great answer on your soup!!

Friday, August 31, 2007 at 6:34:00 PM CDT  
Blogger CeeCee said...

Sorry I'm writing this here: You won the Final four books! Please email me soon. Happy Labor Day!

Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 11:58:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home