Thursday, November 01, 2007

Missing!


I'm very concerned about Woody... he went outside late yesterday morning and he hasn't come back in since. I saw him once after he went out, but he didn't want to come back in the house at that time. He seldom stays out very long, but every once in awhile he seems to take his sweet time about getting back inside where I know he is safe and sound.

I am more concerned that something has happened and he is trapped somewhere and scared or frightened and can't get back than I am that perhaps he is dead because there's nothing more I could do if that were the case. We've looked high and low, called and called and yet no signs of him anywhere. Even Ginger has been looking for him since late yesterday.

Woody is an inside cat who likes his little getaways to the 'jungle' behind my neighbors fence or to the other neighbors wooden playset where he loves to sit and sun. He 'hunts' down mice and moles and chases butterflies, birds and squirrels with no success beyond giving me some comic relief.

I've had other cats who have disappeared for periods of time, but Woody seldom stays gone for very long, returning to our yard or to our porch even if he doesn't want to come in the house. I'm really worried about him. I want him home!

Labels: ,

posted by Marsha at

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I'm so sorry to hear this about Woody. Let's just hope he found a girlfriend across the way and will be home soon.

Friday, November 2, 2007 at 1:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Marsha said...

Thanks Linda, but that particular 'urge' has been taken care of. When my kids were still at home, Jamie had a cat that was missing for over a week before we found her by chance at a neighbor's house on the street behind us, sick and barely able to move. Long and unpleasant story there and I certainly would not wish the same for Woody. He is such a sweet natured cat and so easy to be around. He does have an ID tag but I haven't heard anything at all.

Friday, November 2, 2007 at 2:06:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Gill said...

Oh Marsha, I will be praying that he comes home soon, I know how distressing it is to have a beloved pet disappear like that. {{{hugs}}}

Friday, November 2, 2007 at 11:26:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Marsha said...

Thanks Gill... I'm starting to lose hope now that he will return home safe and sound. I pray that he is not suffering somewhere.

Saturday, November 3, 2007 at 7:59:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home