Thursday, March 20, 2008

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Today would have been Fred Rogers, of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, 80th birthday. I remember when he first came to television on our local PBS station in Muncie, Indiana. Many people made fun of Mr. Rogers and his gentle ways but children loved him. My children loved him. He was a big part of their early childhood.

People are being asked to celebrate this day by wearing a sweater, which was part of Fred Rogers trademark look. You can read more about Fred Rogers and find information on a project to honor his memory by clicking on the image below or clicking here.



Happy Birthday Fred!

heading off to find a sweater!

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

3 Comments:

Blogger eastcoastlife said...

Happy Birthday Fred!
I would like to see the whole neighbourhood wearing sweaters. :)

Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 7:00:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sonya said...

How neat! I had no idea this was going on. Thanks for letting us know! I remember watching Fred as a child and he always made me feel safe :-o)

Friday, March 21, 2008 at 12:34:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jenny said...

I wish I would have known...that's such a great idea!

Friday, March 21, 2008 at 10:55:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home