Thursday, March 13, 2008

15 Words or Less - Icicles

Each week, Laura issues a challenge in the form of a photo of an ordinary or not so ordinary item that participants are to write a poem about using 15 words or less. This week the photo is of icicles hanging from eaves. This week (so far), I have three entries to offer. Each week I continue to enjoy this exercise at limiting myself to 15 words about a particular subject. It forces me to focus on the subject at hand. I think that is a good exercise in particular for those of us entering the olden golden years.



Attempt 1
ice forms then melts;
day breaks then falls;
winter turns to spring;
life keeps changing.


Attempt 2
sunlight glistening upon ice
as cool blues and glassy whites
drip into muddy puddles below.


Attempt 3
daggers hanging from the eaves
threaten me as I leave.
don't fall! don't fall!


Labels:

posted by Marsha at

1 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

What a challenge. You did well with the poem. The best part about winter, for me, is icicles. It means that the snow on the roof is melting and Spring is on it's way!

Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 5:27:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home