Friday, March 07, 2008

Talk About Poetic License - The Story of Eddie the Hare!

Robin, the Pensieve one, hosts Pensieve Poetic License each month with a different form and theme. This month, March, the form is limericks and instead of a specific theme, we are to use one or more of the following key words: green, irish, leprechaun, shamrock, Easter, Spring, kite, windy. Once I got started, I got a little carried away and turned my efforts at creating limericks into a saga about a bunny named Eddie. I have no illusions about the greatness of my creation but I had a blast writing this, which as I keep saying, is the most important thing to me.

It was spring of 2008;
Easter came early not late.
The bunny, named Eddie,
Couldn't get ready
So he just didn't come on that date!

The kids were all mad at the bunny
The parents demanded a return of their money
But Eddie said no
Even though he didn't show
And said, "let them all eat honey!"

His boss said this just ain't right
The kids should be filled with delight
So on this day
I just have to say,
"You're fired, now go fly a kite!"

Eddie foolishly said I don't care
I'm really a marvelous hare
I'll enter a race
I'll set the pace
But he lost to a tortise named Cher

Now poor Eddie started to whine
He realized that he'd crossed the line
So he told all he was sorry
I'll bring the eggs tomorry (poetic license)
And he was rehired for 2009.

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOooo, Marsha I just realized I missed this because it wasn't in the links; I'll link it for ya.

BRAV-------OOOOOOOOOO! YOU WIN THE PRIZE!! (My complete adoration!!)

What a marvelous limerick ballad!! Ha! THANKS for joining in, and I'm mostly glad you had fun in the process. That, my dear, is obvious!

:)

Saturday, March 8, 2008 at 9:10:00 AM CST  
Blogger Pamela said...

Marsha wrote us The Ballad O' Bunny
That proved you won't make any money
if you act like a jerk
and don't show up for work
Rotten Eggs in the basket taint funny!

Saturday, March 8, 2008 at 10:27:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, you win.
This isn't a Limerick.
It's an Epicrick.

Saturday, March 8, 2008 at 5:29:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! You are the master of limericks this month!

Monday, March 10, 2008 at 12:35:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home