Saturday, August 23, 2008

From The Library

These are the books I'm taking with me to Indiana when I go to visit mom. I'm not sure if I'll have time to read or not but I'm planning on it. 'scuse mefor a secnd!!!!!

*%@#$*%@#$*%@#$*%@#$*%@#$

Please disrgard that blue streak folk... my key board is acting upnd haf of what I'm typing eiher doen't show up orit is wrog. Batterymybe? I'll be righ right bac.

Okay, I'm back and it seems to be working better now so I guess it was the batteries. I'm not sure I've ever changed them in this keyboard... the mouse, many times but the keyboard? hmmmm What's funny is that when I turned my keyboard over, it automatically posted my incomplete entry. lol oh well, back to our regularly scheduled blog post.


The first book is The Shack by William P. Young. It came highly recommended to me by a friend. The book deals with faith but is a mainstream bestseller, having been on the New York Times bestseller list for ages.

The second should be somewhat familiar to me although I've never read this one. It is Fates Worse Than Death by Kurt Vonnegut.
It's been ages since I've read anything by him, so long I can't remember how long ago! I just keep running into quotes by KV or about KV and decided it was time to reacquaint myself with his wit. This one is autobiographical and I'm looking forward to the read.

I have the animal situation under control, or as well as it is going to be controlled. Ginger is going with me and Woody K. will be staying here under the care and loving guidance of the daughter of a friend. I think Miss A. will do a fantastic job. She's coming to the house tomorrow so I can show her where she can find everything for his majesty. I will also warn her about the fun little presents he will be likely to have waiting at the door when she gets here to feed him. She may not be too happy about seeing dead birds, mice, frogs and whatever else he comes up with. But it's all in the name of the hunt and he's so proud of himself. A. will also be watering my little boxes of herbs and the late tomato plants that just might actually produce.

Busy day coming up tomorrow. Church is out as there is too much to do. Guess I'll get off of here and do a few things tonight and save some time tomorrow.

Good night all!

Labels: , ,

posted by Marsha at

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Have a safe trip to see your Mom. Hope you'll be able to find time for a little reading. Look forward to hearing all about your trip. Don't forget to pack your camera!

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 8:37:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home