Thursday, October 01, 2009

Random Dozen - September 30, 2009


Hosted by:
Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee

1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.

Easy question. At home watching a free (or cheap rental) movie, either on the sofa on in bed with a big bowl of buttered popcorn that didn't cost 10 gazillion dollars, without any of my children or grandchildren present so they can't make fun of me when I fall asleep!

2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?

Yes, one thing I'm certain of is that one of the songs will be Softly, Tenderly (Jesus Is Calling). I love that song. I also have some preferences for verses.

3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?

I'm a giver.

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?

I like a basic plan that I can play by ear. (How's that for covering all the bases?)

5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?

The carpet in my family room. It's a very deep, rich, chocolate brown and Ginger's shedding hair just looks awful on it. It isn't really overlooked as much as ignored. I just get tired of running the vacuum.

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.

Cancer

7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?

Regular... and I have a question, how can it be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if it has no jelly?

8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?

I'd probably say uhm a lot or just talk a lot and say really stupid things.

9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies?

nothing elaborate, I just usually hit the sofa and go out like a light and if I wake up enough to do so, I might go to bed at that point. If not, I wake up on the sofa wishing I had an elaborate bedtime routine so that I would actually go to bed before I fall asleep. (I do brush my teeth after eating - most of the time anyway - so I'm not a total slob.)

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?

Not really. I have said things conversationally or in the heat of the moment that I later regretted which is probably why I prefer written communication. I can consider it many times before I actually hit the post or send or print button.

11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?

When I was quite young (under 10), the doctors at Riley Hospital would tell me (teasingly of course) that I looked like Marilyn Monroe... of course I agreed! Funny, nobody said that after I grew up. I was told recently by someone that I looked like a character on her favorite soap opera but no one else agreed with that nor did I. Someone else once told me I looked like Holly Hunter but I don't see that at all either.

12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?

I could choose a song/songs for everyone I know. I love music and match a lot of songs up with people I care about for various reasons. I'll do what I always do in situations where I don't want to choose one over another and give the honor to my granddaughter Anna.


There's a song written and sung by Bruce Carroll called Sometimes Miracles Hide and I would dedicate it to her. It was written for a Down's Syndrome child and although Anna is not a Down's child, her life is certainly miraculous in our family's view. I'm sure there are many who wouldn't see the miracle that we do and I think this song would help them appreciate the miracle that's hidden from their view. I believe it was re-recorded last year.

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

3 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

I didn't know about Random Dozen until I read your blog this morning. I am heading off now to do it too :-)

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 4:07:00 AM CDT  
Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said...

OK, Smarty. You are the second person to ask that question in #7. Some people are SO literal! Ha

Glad you participated, and I'm sorry it took me so long to get around.

have a wonderful weekend, friend.

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 5:42:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Greg C said...

I see Lid made it here already. I thought I would be smart and start at the end and work my way back. Great list you have here. As for #10, I just left a comment on a blog that I am thinking I should go back and errase.

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 9:32:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home