Friday, April 03, 2009

Friday's Fave Five #31



While this is the 31st version of Friday's Fave Five, it is my first time to participate. As I've stated before, I continue to search for something to replace the old Friday's Feast posts from ages ago. I enjoyed those a great deal and found many of the blogs I now follow from participating in that meme. I know that I found Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee there and it is from her blog that I found Friday's Fave Five and decided to give it a try this week. Who knows what I will do next week. Anyway, here are my five favorite things from this week.

1. Having my son here again. While I hate the reason that he has been coming home from Missouri on a regular basis, I am always glad to have him here. John transferred to a GM plant in Wentzville, which is just outside of St. Louis, last year. He is coming home frequently because they are undergoing sporadic layoffs at that plant. Thankfully he is still working, unfortunately, the likelihood of that continuing is looking pretty dim. Still, I'm glad he is home. The only negatives I can come up with about having him stay here with me is that he eats all of my snacks and he leaves the toilet seat up on a consistent basis.

2. Seeing my daughter Dee and her girls again this week. I was just over there less than two weeks ago for a combined birthday celebration for my granddaughter Emily and I but decided to ride over with my son who had over night plans in the area where Dee lives. We had a great dinner that Dee fixed, watched the American Idol result show together and played Pictionary. It was a nice evening. The next day, with the girls at school, Dee and I had a quiet, relaxing morning before John re-joined us and we went to lunch before John and I headed back home.

3. Watching my son John help his sister with a problem with her dryer vent. John is really very talented about most types of repair and I love that he helps others so willingly. He has been a great help to me with any number of things around my home. It did my heart good to see once again, that my adult children have a good relationship with one another and to know that all of them get along really well.

4. I have one more thing from my visit to Dee's this week that I truly enjoyed and that was watching my dog Ginger playing with granddaughter Erin's dog, Bijou. Bijou is a Maltese / Chihuahua mix and about one-tenth the size of Ginger (Australian Shepherd / Border Collie). They play hide and seek around the kitchen island but the funniest thing is watching Bijou sneak food from Ginger's food bowl. She guards her food bowl diligently but he just patiently waits until she follows me or someone else out of the room then he runs to the bowl, snatches one piece and heads for his crate before she can get back. It's hilarious! They run and play to the point of ending up in time out just like kids.

5. Realizing that I've had a wonderful week of nothing really special but that the week was still very special to me.

This was harder than I thought it would be but then I tend to make things difficult by over thinking. I did enjoy it and think it's good to take the time to reflect on the good things that happen in our lives. I will try to be better prepared if I do this again and have pictures the next time around. I decided a little late to do it today and didn't want to take the time to get pictures together. Thanks to Suzanne for hosting this meme!

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

10 Comments:

Blogger Willow said...

Welcome to Fave Five! I loved your comments about your adult children caring for each other. That's something that warms my heart about my kids, too.

Have another great week!

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 3:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Susanne said...

Marsha, it was nice to have you join in!

Spending alone time with your daughter must have been very special. I'm looking forward to some of that myself this week.

Nice to your son to give his sister a hand.

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 3:30:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jerralea said...

Welcome to the 5! Sorry about your son's layoffs, but it's good that you and your kids can visit with each other. I always lived 1000 miles away from my mom and sister! Glad you had a good week.

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 3:48:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Julie said...

From the land of small worlds, my dad is in Wentzville tomorrow to pitch in a horseshoe tournament. Yes, they actually have horseshoe tournaments.

I hope your son is able to keep his job, I don't know what they make there in Wentzville but let us hope it is something that they will continue to make.

It is so nice to get visits from the adult kids. I see one of mine on Sunday - so excited.

Have a great week.

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 8:30:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Cherie said...

That thing with the dogs sounds hilarious. And how nice that you have your son with you even if your not thrilled as to the reason.

Have a great weekend! :)

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 10:11:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Brenda said...

Congratulations on your first Friday Fave Five! Its a great exercise in thankfulness, I really enjoy doing it. Sounds like you had a nice week,

Friday, April 3, 2009 at 11:30:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Linda said...

This looks like a good meme. I too miss Friday Feast.

Stop by.....I have an award for you.

Monday, April 6, 2009 at 8:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said...

"Realizing that I've had a wonderful week of nothing really special but that the week was still very special to me." ~ This is very true and good that you are so content in life and aware of the special everyday moments. I have some friends with life-threatening (life-stealing, really) cancer right now who are telling me the same things. I didn't mean to bring everyone down in this comment, but I just had to say that I know what you mean.

Thursday, April 9, 2009 at 3:09:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

I love the idea of focusing on the good! Hope your weekend is going well...

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 12:39:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Linda said...

Wanted to let you know I'm still alive. Finally put up a post about what's going on. All of this too will pass.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 5:33:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home