Tuesday, November 06, 2007

And Just Like That...


he's home!

Can you believe that just a few moments ago I heard a tiny mew at my front door and I knew instantly... he's home! The prodigal son (well, in this case the cat) has returned. A full six days after going missing, after drives around the neighborhood loop, windows down, watching and calling for him; the times with Ginger's watchful eyes, ever vigilant, on the lookout as we drove the full length of Wheeler Road behind our house trying in vain to catch sight of him; the infinite times of calling out for him to come while canvassing his favorite haunting places on foot.

Mr. Nibs returned in perfect condition. He did not want to eat or drink. He graciously gave me a full minute of lap time and is now fully entrenched in one of his favorite spots in the house (lying on the floor of the living room in the spot where the sun breaks through the french doors). All of this tells me he was with some kind hearted person(s) who took good care of him while he was gone. How he got back is beyond me. I don't care at this point, I am just grateful that he is home!

The celebration is over and Ginger was as glad to see him as I was. She licked him profusely before giving him a quick chase through the entryway into the family room.

All is well!

Labels: ,

posted by Marsha at

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad my brother made it home.
I have been worried about him. Maybe he was being taken care of by Dad.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 1:23:00 PM CST  
Blogger Marsha said...

Well sis, we know Woody has his own namesake angel, (he belonged to my dad before he died and was named Woody because it went with dad's name, Forrest). It could very well be that he had an eye out for Woody. I'm sure he understood Woody's need to roam free for a few days.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 1:44:00 PM CST  
Blogger Gill said...

What a relief!! I didn't want to say it at the time, but my little 10 year old sausage dog disappeared a few months ago and she never came back. I have been thinking about you and your missing cat a lot, because I know just how heartsore you must have been. I am really thrilled for you that Mr Nibs is home safe and sound! :-)

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 10:21:00 PM CST  
Blogger Linda said...

WooHoo!!! I bet Mr. Nibbs was out courting the ladies!!

Glad he's home safe and sound!!!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 at 10:43:00 AM CST  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

How cool that he came back home after 6 days!! i would have thought that he was gone completely by that time. I have lost 2 cats now and looked and looked only to lose the one and the other was found dead..which just about killed my hubby and me. We have two cats now. But i think these are the LAST TWO.....I think i have said that before..Smile
Sandy

Saturday, November 10, 2007 at 5:44:00 PM CST  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

so glad to hear it~

Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 6:09:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home