Thursday, April 17, 2008

15 Words or Less - Revolving Doors



Laura wrote the following to challenge her readers to write a poem of 15 words or less about this picture of revolving doors:

    Over spring break, I took a picture of these enormous revolving doors at the hospital. I like doors, and these were the biggest revolving ones I'd ever seen.

    What strikes you about this image? In vs. out? Light vs. dark? What reaction does the word hospital have on you? Does it bring back memories of healing, of gratitude? Or of raw grief? Death? Terror?

These are the entries I came up with for her challenge today.

Hospital Doors
coming, going;
birth, death;
beginnings circle into endings.



Caught
can't get out of the turning door;
guess I'll go around once more.


Labels:

posted by Marsha at

2 Comments:

Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Clever!

Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 6:33:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Shari said...

My kids would have fun in those revolving doors. I've been hospitalized 6 times. Fortunately, 5 of the times were when I gave birth. So, hospitals have a positive feeling for me.

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 8:02:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home