Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday Feast #186



Appetizer-- Invent a new flower; give it a name and describe it.

I don't think I can improve on what Mother Nature has already given us but I think it would be a wildflower, something untamed and unexpected. There would have to be five varieties of course, one for each of my beautiful granddaughters.

Soup-- Name someone whom you think has a wonderful voice.

James Earl Jones

Salad-- On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how clean do you keep your car?

I would say 9. It's generally free of clutter but Ginger rides with me often and she sheds terribly so there is usually dog hair, a bag for trash and you just can't live in Louisiana and not have smooshed bugs on your windshield, no matter how often you clean your car. It's in pretty good shape for a seven year old vehicle inside and out.

Main Course-- How do you feel about poetry?

Are you kidding? Just check out my blog. I may not personally be a great poet but I enjoy it and find it to be a wonderful outlet. I don't necessarily like all poetry. I like what moves me or makes me think. I like Maya Angelou and Mary Oliver among many others. I enjoy all forms of expression for that matter be it art, photography, music, writing and I envy those who make us feel through performing.

Dessert-- What was the last person/place/thing you took a picture of?

Hold on... checking memory card on camera. Yes, I thought so! It is a picture of a neighbor's cat who comes to my house every day to play with Woody K.


Click here if you would like to participate or to find links to others serving up a Friday Feast.


Labels:

posted by Marsha at

21 Comments:

Blogger Gattina said...

It's a pity you didn't show the picture of your neighbor's cat, (or was it your neighbor ?) lol !

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 7:54:00 AM CDT  
Blogger ShannonW said...

A untamed, unexpected wildflower is a great idea!

The Blue Bell Rose I thought of can grow in other places :) as long as it is indoors :)

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 8:02:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mercedes said...

I love your appetizer! Did you know that James Earl Jones stutters? Yes he does, but when he is acting he doesn't-too cool! Patch's car is loaded with good ol' dalmatian hair-not easy to remove either-lol! I love Maya Angelou too! I gotta start taking more pics! Awesome feast in the bayou!

You can check out mine here
Have a great day!

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 8:18:00 AM CDT  
Blogger maiylah said...

that wildflower sounds interesting!:)
wonderful feast, thanks for the visit!

ps. about the lensbaby effect, i read about that before, and would love to see the result that you got ... am too lazy to dabble with photoshop, though, so decided to buy the lens. :)

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 8:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

Ah, James Earl Jones has an excellent voice - so soothing!

Nice feast.

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 8:43:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Dallas Meow said...

ahhh
a pic of the neighbor's kitty -
irresistable I am sure!

>^^<

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 9:03:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wildflower, that's interesting. Am sure it would be lovely.

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 9:36:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Linda said...

I so agree with your Soup and am impressed with your Salad.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 10:58:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Nita said...

Great feast! I agree with you. Poetry is a good outlet. Have a great day :-)

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 12:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger B. Miller said...

Thanks for inviting me to your feast. It was great! And thanks for coming by to see mine as well!

Have a FABULOUS weekend!

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 1:50:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm with you on the appetizer (it's why I found it so difficult)! But yes, I LOVE wildflowers! Tasty feast!

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 2:06:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mercedes said...

Hey Marsha

Thought you might enjoy this link:
James Earl Jones Biography>

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 2:09:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Sandee said...

James Earl Jones has an excellent voice indeed.

I love your dessert. We have a farm dog that comes over to visit with our dog. It's just the cutest thing. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 3:34:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great main course!!!

Please, don't forget to rate my entry, as the earnings (won by the highest rating blogentry) will be donated by me to autism support now it's autism awareness month.

You can find my entry ::here::

Have a wonderful weekend.

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 4:29:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Natalie said...

I hear ya on the bugs. We have them here and can't seem to keep them off our cars either.

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 4:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Mother nature sure does some beautiful stuff.

Thanks for stopping in.

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 4:56:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Earl Jones -- that is a great answer.

I like the picture of the visiting cat.

Have a great weekend!
Stop on by Penny Lane if you get a chance.

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 5:24:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Forgetfulone said...

Oh, I agree that James Earl Jones has a great voice. I love to hear him!

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 8:08:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Melanie said...

I love your flower idea!

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 10:21:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

mmmm...James Earl Jones has the most divine voice, you are absolutely right! thank you so much for dropping by my feast, pleased to meet you!

Saturday, April 5, 2008 at 6:26:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Feast! Have a great weekend!

Saturday, April 5, 2008 at 9:31:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home