Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Invisible Woman

I first saw Nicole Johnson perform several years ago at a Women Of Faith Conference in Shreveport. While I loved all of the women on the stage and marveled at their humor, faith and ability to touch me in such different ways, Nicole was my favorite. I loved how she used small dramatic vignettes to get a message across that resonated with every woman present. She was deadly serious, witty and funny all in the short span of each performance and she touched me.

When I saw this video, I thought of all the times I felt invisible in my life. When I thought no one saw me or heard me or worse, that no one cared. I thought about my own daughters in particular, as mothers still raising their children and the occasional hundreds of times that my wonderful, yet perfectly normal granddaughters ignore their moms, making them too, feel that no one sees and perhaps that no one cares. It makes wonder how many times I've failed to respond to someone looking to me for comfort or validation and that perhaps I left them feeling 'invisible'. We are only human, we cannot be all things to all people, we do our best.

If you're feeling invisible today, I invite you to take a look at Nicole's video and feel better.



To my daughters, to all women who feel invisible or unimportant today, thank you for all you do while no one is looking, while no one sees.

Labels: , ,

posted by Marsha at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home