What A Difference A Day Makes!
- Indiana- I canceled my trip to Indiana completely. My sister is there with mom instead of me. I'm glad she was able to go and I'm hoping I'll still make it up soon. If not, I will definitely head up in the fall.
Mom is fine. All of her tests came back looking pretty much like they did the last time she had them done so it appears that if she had an "incident", it was very minor and caused no perceptible damage. We have a mutated gene in our family (Factor V Leiden), which causes blood clots and can lead to strokes. Our clots typically form in the veins, not in the arteries and I've talked to my sister about making sure that they are looking beyond arterial clotting when they are testing mom. Most strokes (90%) are caused by arterial blockage or clots and they seldom look beyond that cause. FVL will be a subject of a future post, somewhere down the line.
My back is so much better. I am back to my normal aches and pains which I can deal with quite well. I think I need to get back on a regular exercise routine and do more stretching to avoid future problems.
Job offer- I had a job offer out of the blue that seems to have vanished before I got the specifics. I'm still not sure what happened but I was surprised to find that my interest was peaked so easily and disappointed that it doesn't appear that I'm going to get the details to even make a decision. I've been retired for four years and I think I'm ready to do something and the money would be nice!
My baby is moving away- My son has never lived anywhere, other than this area, since we moved here when he was 4 months old. The plant where he worked shut down over a year ago and he has been in school preparing for a new job since then. He was within a few months of completing that when he got word that GM was offering positions in Wentzville, Missouri and as soon as he heard, he made sure he had that location listed on places he would transfer to. He was called a few days later to start on the 16th of this month and then got a call to ask him if he could be there on the 9th, which is next Monday. He has spent the past week or so preparing everything to get out of here early Saturday morning. For the time being, he will be keeping his home, in the hopes that he will get an opportunity to transfer to the plant in Shreveport, which has been his goal since the plant here shut down. That could be as soon as a year from now or maybe up to three years. The kick in the pants is that just a few days after he signed a commitment to go to Wentzville, the Shreveport plant opened up and called most of the other workers who were on the transfer list to go there. If he hadn't been so conscientious, he would have gotten the location he wanted with a lot less hassle than moving 620 miles away from home. But then, this can also be a great opportunity for John to branch out in what I know to be a terrific location. Besides, my older brother and his family all live in that area so he won't be completely alone. I would write more about John and the feelings I have about him moving except he's really a very private person and I wouldn't want to embarrass him. I'll save that for his birthday!
Wondering just how it is going to feel to be here in Monroe totally on my own. My kids are all in other places, my mom and my siblings are spread all over the place and it is just Ginger, Woody and me come Saturday. We miss John already!