Monday, May 05, 2008

Playing With Pictures

I just never got quite what I wanted from my efforts.

erin homecoming_bw

I converted this photo of Erin from color to B&W. I decided to clone out the straps from her dress in an effort to get a more 'sophisticated' look. I also cloned out a portion of the background that I felt was distracting. I was not totally happy with the results... it's okay but I wanted special.

erin homecoming_soft tint

This is a soft-tint version of the same photo. I left the straps from her dress in this version. I like this one better than the B&W but it is still lacking something.

erin homecoming_ubw

This is the B&W version without the gaussian blur step and with a strong tint applied after the conversion from color. My son likes this one best and it comes the closest to what I had in mind when I started playing around with it earlier this evening. It is certainly more dramatic than the other two but I still didn't get quite what I wanted from my efforts. I've decided that the back ground is part of my dissatisfaction.

I wonder which one Erin will like the best.

Labels: , ,

posted by Marsha at

3 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Personally I like the middle one best, but they are all beautiful - she's a lovely girl!

Monday, May 5, 2008 at 12:33:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Linda said...

The frame really makes the picture pop!!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 at 10:10:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Killlashandra said...

They're all good edits. One suggestion, you could cut out her out completely and past her in another image file and make the background whatever color you want. The magneto lasso tool will help with that. :)

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 8:59:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home