Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wordless Wednesday Will Have to Wait and Stuff

I wanted to post Wordless Wednesday yesterday but never got the chance. If I can squeeze it in to my schedule, I will try to make it happen today, even if it is late.

I actually got the camera out yesterday to take some pictures of three squirrels eating the bird feed I had scattered on the ground for my feathered friends. As luck would have it, as soon as the camera was out and I was setting up my first shot, a loud noise frightened away two of the furry little creatures. I did manage to take a few shots of the lone fellow rooting seed off the ground but they're really not all that interesting. I tried to get video of him scurrying up and down the tree trunk towards the corn holder I hung specifically for the squirrels, which they ignore in preference to the easy pickings on the ground, but every time I would start the video, he would just hang there on the side of the tree. Of course as soon as I stopped the video capture, he would take off again. Film of him clinging to the side of the tree didn't seem too interesting either so I gave up on that set completely.

I spent most of yesterday morning working in the yard, trying to get some needed work done before it got too hot. We actually had a brief respite, about 12 hours (overnight basically), from the heat advisory and it wasn't too bad mowing (only about half the yard as the other half is totally fried now) and clearing away debris. By the time I was finished, the heat advisory was back in place and evidenced by my appearance. I spent the rest of the morning in the shower!

I decided to do some computer maintenance in the afternoon. Windows kept sending through updates and something was causing a problem forcing me to restart the monster every now and then and it took a while to get all of that taken care of. It is running much better, at least for now.

This afternoon, I have to get my hair trimmed. I've been trying to decide whether to go back to highlighting it or leave it natural. The gray has really overtaken most of the blond and yes I was a natural blond all of my life until I added highlights later in life. I just don't know if I want to start that process all over again or not. Besides, I kind of like the silvery gray color that is coming in. I've also toyed with the idea of going short again. Decisions, decisions.... what to do. So it looks like the usual trim will happen until I'm ready to make a change.

John will be coming home on Saturday for a few days. I'm trying to decide what food to have on hand for those times when he's around here. Dee is working this weekend so I don't know if he will get to see her and the girls or not. He has enough vacation time that he will be able to get back here several times before the end of the year and of course he will have the holidays so I'm sure they'll manage to connect on one of those trips. The rest of my time today, other than when I sneak some time online, will be spent on laundry, which I dislike doing and cleaning the house, which I also dislike! I love the house being clean and go through spells where I keep up with it most of the time but I'm human and the computer is much more fun than the routine of house care. It shouldn't be this hard with only me, the cat and a dog and it wouldn't be except for the fact that - Marsha, thy name is procrastination!

Well, I'm off to get started on the laundry and to pull the vacuum out (that's the first step, actually using it is a different story). I hope your day is filled with something more fun and interesting than the routine stuff I'm facing today!

Labels: , ,

posted by Marsha at

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

When I clean I vacuum last. I think its funny how people clean in different ways.

Sometimes it gets frustrating trying to capture that perfect shot. At the reunion I took close to 250 pictures and only like a handful.

It's terribly hot and humid here too. That's why I've been staying indoors.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 7:38:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Gill said...

Nice to catch up with you! Good to hear you have some cooler weather on its way. Have a good weekend :-)

Friday, August 1, 2008 at 4:32:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Marsha said...

Linda, I actually vacuum first because of the dust problem here. Running the vacuum seems to create a new light layer of dust where I just ran the dust rag over and I got tired of always seeing it when I knew I had just wiped it away. So I now save dusting for last.

I think most of us only like a handful of our photographs, even the best photographers. And many of their photos are retouched to add emphasis or that little kick that makes them special. I know I'll never do that for a living so I just want to be good enough to make myself happy with my photographs. I've learned that my forte is not with the camera but with the post-processing using software. I never tried developing film but I suspect I would have preferred the darkroom in film days.

Friday, August 1, 2008 at 10:26:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home