Friday, July 18, 2008

Lunch With Friends

Kayla's Kitchen used to be the Southern Ladies Tea Room. The menu was unique and the fare was excellent for the most part with a mix of sophisticated dishes and good 'ol southern cooking. I knew it had been sold at one point to either friends or family members of the original owner but apparently it has sold again, hence the name change... and the change in food.

myday_003

The menu is now a more common fare, not bad but closer to a hot lunch plate than what the tea room offered. Eating with good friends David and Diane, made it more enjoyable today than it might have been had they not been there. I used to work with Dave who was also a traveling buddy of mine and Margaret's. Dave and I have a common friend in Diane, who also happens to be a neighbor. Diane is recently widowed. Her late husband and my ex-husband both transferred here with GM back in the 70's so I've known her as long as I have lived here. Almost 34 years now. That's hard to believe.

The restaurant is located in the old part of downtown West Monroe, near the river, just a block removed from Antique Alley. It's high dollar real estate down there for buildings in many cases that are falling apart but the atmosphere is neat. Sort of.

myday_005

This is a picture of what used to be one of our favorite places to eat when our engineering group worked in this area before the corporate headquarters building was completed. I wonder if anyone will ever try to revive this location again. It looked this bad or worse before that restaurant was put in. My poor old brain has not been able to come up with the name of the restaurant and it is driving me nuts. There are just some things about getting older that I hate and the memory thing is one of them. I'll probably remember when I wake up in the middle of the night to go pee. That's one of the other things I hate about aging!

It's worth noting that I actually managed to get out of the house in time to get my car inspected and have the oil changed before meeting my friends for lunch. I also made a Wally World run after I stuck around the old downtown area to take a few photographs. I was tired and drenched in sweat after I got home from getting in and out of the vehicle. It was one of those days where you just pray not to get stuck at a traffic light because the temperature inside the vehicles rises considerably as you sit and wait. We are nearing the dog days of summer down here and it ain't gonna get no better!

Fiddle de dee!!! Scarlett will think about that tomorrow!

Labels: ,

posted by Marsha at

3 Comments:

Blogger Dallas Meow said...

thanks for stopping by.
I do not know WHY I haven't posted in so long.
But you know what, the same thing happened to me when I had lasik a year and a half ago.
I used to read soooo soo much.
I could take my glasses OFF and read everything. Now I must have glasses on to read. Too weird.
I also can't lay on my tummy and read, even with glasses, the book is too close.
Is it that odd a habit?
It took me over a year to adjust and what happened is that I wear the reading glasses always except to drive or if I am in the sun and need sunglasses.
I was warned that because of my age it might happen.
But having worn glasses since I was 6, I was oh so eager to dump them.
Anyway, hope you get used to them and get back into reading.
Have a great week!

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 10:17:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Judy said...

Hi, Marcia. I'm glad you stopped by... I've been missing you. I have been SUPER busy with things and have been a horrible blog visitor... bad, bad Judy. You'll see tomorrow why ;-)

As much as I was ready for summer.. I'm ready for fall! Can you believe this heat??? Yuk!

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 10:17:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ladies Who Lunch!
That is great you had a nice time.

Memory Quiz:
Do you remember what you had?
What did you wear?
What was the day/date/time you went?

If you can answer these questions, then your memory is not as bad as you think.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 4:51:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home