Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Wordless Wednesday - September 03, 2008

*** update *** just a quick note to let you know that I'm having trouble getting the comments pages to load with the dial-up connection I'm on here at my mom's. If I can't get by to comment while I'm still here, I'll be sure to drop by your site later this week when I get back home.

Indiana Sunrise

indiana_sunrise_083108_3-sm

indiana_sunrise_083108_4-sm


Both these photos were taken Sunday morning at different locations about a mile or so apart and each are a mile or less from my mom's home in east-central Indiana where I've been for the past week or so. The second one was taken about 15-20 minutes after the first picture. Ginger and I have had a nice visit and enjoyed lots of wonderful Indiana corn and tomatoes and will head back (probably Thursday) with nearly 2 dozen quarts of green beans that we canned while I was here. My brother has a good sized garden and thankfully had enough beans left that I was able to pick and can what I wanted. We're talking about making salsa tomorrow. I hope I can find enough sweet corn to take home with me to freeze. We just don't get corn as tender and sweet as what they grow here in my home state. But then my adoptive state, Louisiana has hurricanes named Katrina, Rita and Gustav that Indiana will never have! And fresh (never been frozen) shrimp... and crawfish... and okra... well, okay, so maybe I'm not a big okra fan but it's there if I want it!

Happy Wordless Wednesday to all! Be sure to visit Wordless Wednesday to find a listing of today's participants.

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow! Those are really spectacular photos! Thanks for sharing them. :)

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 12:15:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Such beautiful shots you have here! Mine is HERE if you have a time! Thanks!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 12:21:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Aaron said...

I love the second with the tracks. The accent they provide give the photo some great interest.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 12:42:00 AM CDT  
Blogger CK Ng said...

Wonderful sunset. Happy WW! :)

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 1:03:00 AM CDT  
Blogger SandyCarlson said...

You live in a beautiful place!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 4:03:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Linda said...

Hope you are enjoying your visit with your Mom! Beautiful sunsets!!

Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 11:31:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

marsh, what part of indiana? my family cones from the pulaski, tippicanoe counties. Deb

Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 8:32:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home