Friday, January 30, 2009

Blog This - and where is my cell phone?

Talk about a family of blondes!

I sat down to my computer a while ago to catch up, since it had only been an hour or so since I had last looked at Facebook, email, my own blog and the other blogs I frequently check, and I was darn near withdrawal. I use Firefox and along with it several little add-on programs or plug-ins that are available with my favorite browser. One plug-in that I use is the Foxforecast add-on that allows me to keep a continual check on the weather. A really nice feature of this plug-in is that I can set up profiles for various locations that I have an interest in... translate to read places where various members of my family live. With a click or two of my wireless mouse, I can get a quick view of the current weather, as well as a simple forecast for the rest of the current day and into the next. I like it! I don't just like it, I love it!

So while I was checking out Facebook, I noticed one of my local friends, right here in good old Funroe, Louisiana where I'm at, had written a status update about being cold. So I immediately checked my handy dandy Foxforecast line at the bottom of my screen and it read 15° and I am like holy moley, when did that happen. I didn't even know the temps were supposed to fall today, especially that low. The high for the next day was only forecast to be in the low 30s. No wonder poor my friend was cold... bless her heart! For my yankee fans, that's a southern phrase meaning she's my friend and I care about her or it could mean that she may not really be a friend but I'm gonna bless her heart anyway... that's what southerners do... they bless your heart and I've learned that it is a good thing to bless people's hearts! Anyway... let's move on.

I'm thinking about leaving a comment to my friend who's freezing to death, and no wonder because we are not prepared for those kinds of temperatures here in the deep south, when the phone rings. It's my daughter Dee, who lives in Bossier City on the other side of the state. I'm about to ask her if she's freezing to death over there because they actually had a little snow on that side of the state a couple of days ago so I figured it must be even colder where she's at than where I am. Then it hit me... like a ton of bricks... like ice falling from the eaves of buildings... my profile is not set on Monroe.

This is a view of how it looks when set on my local profile -- click to enlarge

Sure enough, I clicked the button and realized that I was seeing weather for my hometown, Muncie, Indiana, where my mother and one of my brothers still live. In a moment of sillyness, I was dumb enough to tell my daughter what I had done... immediately she insulted me by laughing out loud, reminding me how old I am and that amid the graying strands, there is still a lot of blonde there! Hmmmph! She even went so far as to tell me to blog it! Brat!

After an ensuing loving conversation round of name-calling, she told me that she and Sarah had reached their destination and she would talk to me later. I could still hear the sneering condescension in her voice and a final chuckle at my expense when she told me to wait a minute as she ticked off each item she wanted to take in with her... keys, purse, wait, wait... where's my cell phone! (duh, in your hand?)

So who's the old blonde now sweetie?

REVENGE IS SO SWEET!

consider it blogged baby... consider it blogged!

Labels: , ,

posted by Marsha at

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh*

It's tough aging gracefully...especially with my Mom keeping it real. Bless her heart!

Love ya Mom!!
Dee

Friday, January 30, 2009 at 3:33:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never laughed so hard! I loved the "Bless her heart" as it is said all the time in my Funroe, NC! I too have also heard my family members looking for the cell phone while talking on it! And let us not forget our Mom who looks for her glasses that are on top of her head! Still LOL!

Friday, January 30, 2009 at 9:33:00 PM CST  
Blogger Marsha said...

Don't go telling to many family stories Rob... Lord knows how many of them would be about me! Methinks Dee was onto something with the blonde/age thing!

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 8:19:00 AM CST  
Blogger Libby's Library said...

I so looking forward to being in warm, sunny Florida - HAH - last night is was down in the thirties!
I want HEAT!

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 10:31:00 AM CST  
Blogger Linda said...

This post made me laugh...I loved it!! And, the cellphone was in your daughter's hand!

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 9:37:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home