Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Photo

My original intent when I started this series of posts called Friday Photo, was to post a picture or pictures from something I had taken the week of the post. Unfortunately, I haven't always been able to do as I intended. Unfortunate because that means I'm not taking pictures as often as I would like and therefore not getting the practice in with the new camera. I hope to do better in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, here is a picture I took back in May on my trip to Tennessee with my mother. I've posted pictures of the old Forbus General Store a few times on my blog but this one was taken with the new camera. I'm putting two versions of the photo on here today. The Forbus General Store has been photographed by some well-known, read much better photographers than me, and published in some fancy magazines. You can generally find a table full of local fellows playing a card game called Pig.

This version was edited to slightly lighten and sharpen.


I ran a quick retro action on this version of the same photo. When I visit the area where my mother grew up, it seems as though I'm traveling back a bit in time. Although they have all the modern conveniences of the rest of the world in this area, things are a bit slower paced and gives the feel of bygone days. 


It's a beautiful area with much to see and experience if you enjoy mountains, scenery, fishing, boating and photography. Dale Hollow Lake is nearby as well as several parks and recreation areas, both on the Tennessee side and across the state line in Kentucky. I know for a fact that some of the best people in the world have called this area home.

Labels: ,

posted by Marsha at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home