Monday, May 07, 2007

Ginger

Ginger is my constant companion. She goes almost everywhere I go. She loves to ride in the car, even on very long trips. If I don't take her on trips with me, she still wins as my son John takes care of her and she loves John as much as she loves traveling and as much or more than she loves me.

She is by far the smartest dog I've ever had. She is half Australian Shepherd and half Border Collie. She does tricks and loves to perform. My granddaughter Emily loves to set up obstacles and jumps for Ginger when she is here. She has had Ginger jump well over four feet high many times.

Ginger is a beautiful and loving dog. She is easily bored and a real prima dona. She loves attention and expects it from everyone. She is jealous of Mr. Woody K. Nibs, the kitten I brought home after Dad died last year. She tolerates him well most of the time and will even kiss him if told to do so but he is not allowed anywhere near any of Ginger's possessions, especially her food and water bowls. If he comes to me for attention, Ginger immediately gets a ball or other toy for me to play with. She loves to chase him and often tries to herd him which is deep rooted in her nature. He has nothing to do with that of course.

Ginger tries to dominate other animals so strongly that she scares me sometimes. I always give her a lot of time to get used to other critters. She is terrific with people though, including children. I think she sees herself as an equal to us and above the animals she works so hard to intimidate.

Ginger is now 3 1/2 years old, a Christmas gift from John the year I retired.

Isn't she beautiful!


(now playing - Elvis Presley Hound Dog)

Labels: , ,

posted by Marsha at

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

Yes, Ginger is beautiful. What a dog!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 9:05:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

Glad to hear there are other dogs that like their rabbits. She also eats fast, before we can steal her food!

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 1:07:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home