Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tagged

I was tagged by Linda of This and That for this meme.

1) What I was doing ten years ago: Ten years ago, I was still managing the AM/FM/GIS Group for CenturyTel in Monroe LA. I was responsible for the development and implementation of an automated CAD based system that would aid and assist in the design, management and reporting of all Outside Plant Facilities and for the direct supervision of a staff of 12 people. My duties also included training of all personnel in the company that would utilize the system. I did a lot of traveling in that position. Sounds like a resume doesn't it -- lol. In my personal life, there have been few changes over the past ten years. I was single then as I am today, I had 3 children then as I do now, I had 4 granddaughters at that time as Kayla did not come along until 2002. I still live in the same house that I've been in for the last 32 years.

2.) Five years ago: My friends Margaret, David and I went to New York City in September, 2002. It was a great trip filled with wonderful memories and bittersweet feelings about seeing ground zero a year after the attacks that took down the twin towers. It was my second trip to NYC, the first one long before the towers were built, the second after they came down. I love NYC.

3) One year ago: I was settling back in here at home after being gone so much due to family needs and concerns. Dad had just died the first of September and I had been in Indiana for over a month during the time before and after his death. I had probably only been home about 3-4 weeks total in the four months prior to that, in between trips there and to each of my daughter's homes.

4.) Yesterday: Saturday was a lazy day for me. I finished a book I had started reading at my daughter's a few weeks ago (Comeback), visited with my son and talked to my daughter Jamie on the phone. It was fun reading like that again. I don't do as much reading as I used to (at least not for personal enjoyment).

5.) 5 snacks I enjoy: Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches, Blue Bunny Light Ice Cream, 100 Calorie Snack Packs, fruit, and oh yeah, the chips and dip that I work so hard to avoid these days... I seriously love chips and dip (which is what led me to all the other snacks listed ;-) ).

6.) 5 Things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million: The first thing would be to get some serious financial and legal advice. Personally, I don't think I would change a whole lot about my personal life but I'm sure I would be fairly generous to various charitable concerns, my church, and my family. I think I could do all of that and still have quite a hefty enterprise to manage for the rest of my life.

7.) 5 locations I would like to run away to: New York City, Israel, Hawaii, Alaska, Europe.

8.) 5 bad habits I have: Not exercising like I should, procrastinating, worrying about things I have no control over, reacting without thinking, road rage. (only 5? I could name more ;-) )

9.) 5 things I like doing: Spending time with my children and grandchildren, Paint Shop Pro, Photography, Blogging, Almost anything computer related.

10.) 5 TV shows I like: The Closer, Saving Grace, House, American Idol, most game shows.

11.) 5 things I hate doing: Grocery shopping (really any kind of shopping), driving in Monroe (or almost anywhere in Louisiana), paying bills, cleaning house, KITTY LITTER!

12.) 5 Biggest joys of the moment: My children and grandchildren, Computer, Church, Ginger and Mr. Woody K. Nibs, my new camera.

I'm not tagging anyone specifically but invite anyone who reads my blog to participate if they so choose. If you do decide to accept the open tag, please let me know in the comments so I can visit your site to see your responses!

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

WOW!!! We do have a lot in common. Blog friends are great, and because of you, I'm learning more about PSP.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 at 4:08:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home