Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Life In General

I am leaving tomorrow for Indiana to pick up my mother and bring her back down here for Thanksgiving with my family. She and I will drive through and stop for a night or two in Tennessee since we didn't get to make our annual trip there over Memorial Day weekend. I am looking forward to this time with her.

In the past week, my son has put up a new light fixture / ceiling fan combo in my family room, put in a new dishwasher and installed a new refrigerator that required him to have to trim the cabinet above where the refrigerator sits. The cabinet was about a half inch too low to let the new unit slide in. He did a great job. He has patient persistence! I have a great respect for his ability to do anything he sets out to do around the house. He reminds me of his father that way.

Yesterday was my granddaughter Anna's 13th birthday. I wanted to do a blog entry for her but between not being able to find a suitable picture to use for the entry I wanted to do and being time challenged, I am putting that entry off. I want it to be special.

By choice, I am limiting my online time this week. It is a good week to do it as I will be gone and busy with mom but I also think it will be good for me to break away from the computer for awhile. It becomes an excuse, a reason for not doing other things and I need to break the habit. I have neglected my home and things that need to be done around here for too long.

I am trying to get my creative juices flowing again. I have been in a real funk lately and it's time to break out of that. Limiting the online time ought to help with this too. Even though I do a lot of my creative work on the computer, I am not doing that much creatively. Again, this is a place in my life where breaking that cycle should help.

There shouldn't be that much difference in my blog posting as I really haven't done that much blogging lately anyway. Well, enough of this, I have other things calling me and I'm off to start a long day of errands, appointments, packing, loading and I hope by this evening I will be ready and will have time to go to my class at church. I really like this class! Maybe I'll blog about that when I've 'renewed' myself.

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drive carefully, have fun. I hope the weather is nice in Tennessee.
Tell all the family members I said Hello and I miss them.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 2:21:00 PM CST  
Blogger Gill said...

Lucky you to have a new fridge and dishwasher :-) Hope you have a wonderful time with your mum, enjoy your break!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 9:44:00 AM CST  
Blogger Linda said...

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hope you have a wonderful visit with your mother and look forward to hearing about your visit.

Monday, November 19, 2007 at 11:02:00 AM CST  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

yes, happy thanksgiving and safe travels!

Monday, November 19, 2007 at 1:11:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home