Friday, February 01, 2008

Quickly Catching Up

Our dinner ended up doing pretty good last Sunday. From the reports I got by email, we must have sold well at the door as we cleared a fair amount of money from our enchilada dinner at the church for our Mission Team activities. This is our one and only fund raiser so we needed it to be a success. God seems to work things out as I left for my daughter's home in Florida last Sunday morning quite uncertain as to whether or not we would do much more than break even.

I keep praying for His intervention in a couple of personal situations in our family and sometimes it seems as though my prayers are not heard. Like most people, I have to work through the trust issues and have faith that all is as it should be and that things will work out in time... just maybe not according to the time frame I want.

It's been busy here. I'm enjoying my granddaughters, Anna and Kayla immensely. Daughter Jamie got off on a well deserved weekend break due to the generosity of her employers. They took their entire office staff on a four day cruise as their Christmas / Year End Bonus. I worry a little about Anna's care, as she has extensive needs, but thankfully they approved 24 hour nursing coverage for her while I am here so I shouldn't have to do anything out of the norm. Anna has great nursing care and boy does that help a grandmother worry less than she might otherwise do. Kayla is always feisty and sassy and enjoying her life as a kindergartner. She is a fantastic reader and loves school. I had the unfortunate responsibility of taking her to a well visit at her doctor's office where she got two vaccinations and was sent for blood work which we did this morning before dropping her off at her day care where she catches the bus for school. I was surprised to know that they do routine blood tests on healthy children now as a diagnostic tool. It was not fun but she did as well as any 6 year old could do.

I'm missing Ginger and Mr. Nibs but I know they are being well cared for by my son but I should be heading home a week from tomorrow unless circumstances here change. I'm looking forward (okay, maybe with just a bit of apprehension) to riding with Erin now that she has her learner's permit. My laptop finally crashed on me (I knew the hard drive had some problems) and I am limited to what's available on Jamie's computer and miss all my links and contact lists and software that travels with me. I am a creature of habit and dislike having to make do but not ready to go out and pop for something new just yet.

Maybe I didn't do this catching up so quickly after all!

WOW! It's February already!

Labels: ,

posted by Marsha at

1 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

I'm so glad the dinner was a success. It sounds like you are busy, busy, busy with your granddaughters - enjoy it!

Saturday, February 2, 2008 at 8:16:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home