Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sometimes

I feel useless. I don't know if everyone feels that way from time to time but I do. Right now I am feeling useless because of a family situation that I can't do anything about. In part, it's because I'm a fixer and I can't fix the problem. The frustration often overwhelms me. I feel bad because I realize that I am not as good a listener as I wish I were. Too often, I try to take on people's problems as my own instead of just allowing them an opportunity to vent their feelings about their situations. Sometimes all people need, even those you love the most, maybe especially those you love the most, is your ear, not your action or reaction to what they are discussing with you. They just need to know that you love them and support them.

God please help me to be a more sensitive listener and help me to stand back and let situations iron themselves out through powers greater than my own.

I am going to receive ashes later today and feel grateful for the opportunity to repent and to ask God's help with the sorrows in my life and in the lives of so many others.

Labels: ,

posted by Marsha at

6 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Sending you {{hugs}} - hope your family situation resolves itself soon. Don't feel bad about being a "fixer" - I think it is something most moms suffer from!!

Friday, February 8, 2008 at 7:13:00 AM CST  
Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Don't give up. My husband once told me, "The same power that resurrected Jesus from the dead can resurrect any family situation." Be blessed today.

Saturday, February 9, 2008 at 3:08:00 PM CST  
Blogger Linda said...

Hope your family situation works itself out. I honestly understand your frustrations.

Wanted to let you know I'm home and Carson is home and doing good. Caramia arrived Saturday as planned and will be going home today. Thank you so much for your prayers. They really do work!!!

Monday, February 11, 2008 at 12:20:00 PM CST  
Blogger Marsha said...

Thanks for all the support. I find it very difficult to let go sometimes and I'm sure we all do when people we love are involved. At least I'm back home now and can get involved in my own life and activities again and feel less pressured to want to 'fix' something that I can't make right.

Glad Carson is better Linda and that Caramia is doing well... I'll be checking your blog for pictures!

Monday, February 11, 2008 at 1:12:00 PM CST  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

(((Marsha)))

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10:13:00 PM CST  
Blogger Shari said...

Oh you are so right - sometimes we just need to listen. But that is hard to do, especially if we think that we could fix their problem. Even with my kids (early teens) - they tell me how they feel and I want to tell them how to feel better. But, they just need me to listen to them.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 10:05:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home