Friday, May 02, 2008

Friday Feast #189



Appetizer-- What was your favorite cartoon when you were a child?

One of the things I loved most as a child was reading the funny pages in the Sunday morning paper. The cartoon I remember most is Dagwood and Blondie. I think Henry and Little Lulu were published in the funnies back then as well. I also remember Pogo, but I never understood what was supposed to be funny about it. I didn't realize until I got older that it wasn't a kid's cartoon.

Soup-- Pretend you are about to get a new pet. Which animal would you pick, and what would you name it?

Right now, I can't even pretend that I would get another pet. I love Ginger, I adore her, I'm closer to her than any pet I've ever had. I also love Mr. Woody K. Nibs, but the two of them are enough and I can't imagine having another pet if something happened to either one of them.

Salad-- On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy getting all dressed up for a special occasion?

This is hard. Getting dressed up is something I dread. Once I've done it and gotten to whatever big event prompted it, I'm glad I went to the trouble, but I literally hate the thought of having to do it. So maybe a 2 or 3 at most?

Main Course-- What kind of music do you listen to while you drive?

I love most music genres, rock, pop, oldies, contemporary christian, blues, jazz. Favorite artists include the Beatles, Eagles, Leela James, James Taylor, Carole King among so many others.

Dessert-- When was the last time you bought a clock? And in which room did you put it?

The last clock I bought (as a clock, not one that came with an appliance) was the little one sitting on the mantle in my family room. The last clock that came into my house was with my new coffee maker, which I love, that I got for my birthday. That one is of course in the kitchen!

Click here for the blog roll of others participating in today's Friday Feast!

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You served up a delicious feast. I'm shocked by how similar our recipes are. I hope you'll stop by and give mine a taste and see how similar we are. http://minipauses.blogspot.com/

Oh, and I love Carole King. LOL!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 7:02:00 AM CDT  
Blogger gina said...

Great food and warm service. Thanks for the tales.

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 7:21:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Princess Vien said...

great feast.

glad to see you back.

http://vien26.blogspot.com/2008/05/feast-one-hundred-eighty-nine.html

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 7:31:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Gill said...

Oh Marsha we are kindred spirits! I so agree about the dressing up thing - if I go to the effort and head off to the event, I am generally glad I did; but what an effort to get me to that point LOL!

Lovely feast, enjoy your weekend :-)

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 8:07:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!!!!
I remember seeing those very old Blondie TV shows with Arthur Lake, I thought they were very funny. I like Daisy the best. Funny about Pogo!

I agree about the dressing up. I think you reach an age where you just don't really care about looking good for other people, just feeling good about who you are and what you contribute to society.

Great feast and I hope you can stop by mine and sit down and have a few nibbles and of course a laugh (yes, bonus dessert this week).

Have a great weekend!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 8:09:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Tina said...

You did great with the funny paper's cartoons!!

Seems like no one really likes to dress up!

Great feast!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 8:15:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha. Nice feast! I liked Blondie, too.

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 9:07:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Melli said...

WOW! There's another "Melli" (with a Y) out there! Cool!

In which we speak of salad's and main courses, you and I are two peas in a pod!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 9:29:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Trisha said...

Great feast!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 10:08:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Good feast! I like James Taylor too but have not replaced my albums (remember those?) with cd's yet so I just listen to him on imeem. :)

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 10:26:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I loved reading the newspaper comics, too. Remember stamping the comics with Silly Putty?
I liked Nancy, too. I can remember my dad reading the comics to me on Sunday mornings :) Great memories!

Thanks for visiting my Feast today. Have a good weekend!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 10:41:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Gabriel said...

Nice feast, Marsha. I remember Dagwood and Blondie too, I would read them every day in a newspaper that was coming to my hometown from Buenos Aires...

You made it to my Top 10 for April 2008 (check it here.

Thank you!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 11:55:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vashonnte said...

i love your pets names that is so cute, I haven't had dogs since I was a kid we had 3 pitbulls, Beefy, Lady, and Ninja. They were amazing but my kids are messy enough for me now! happy friday!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 1:28:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Karen said...

I didn't even think of comics--but that works just as well! I loved Dagwood and Blondie, too--and I remember reading Archie comics, too.

Fun feast!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 2:05:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Great feast! I love your main course selections! Happy Feasting!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 3:01:00 PM CDT  
Blogger bundle-o-contradictions said...

Happy Friday!! :)

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 3:47:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Kara said...

Great feast! I hadn't even though of print cartoons, just TV. I love reading the Sunday funnies.

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 4:16:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Dallas Meow said...

I loved reading Blondie too! Always dreamed one day I'd make a Dagwood sandwich too!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 4:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jenny86753oh9 said...

Mr. Woody K. Nibs. Hands down, that's got to be the coolest pet name I've heard!

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 4:34:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed visiting your feast! Thanks for stopping by mine.

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 5:02:00 PM CDT  
Blogger ShannonW said...

I dread getting dressed up also...I try to enjoy things once I am ready but I find crowds hard to deal with.

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 5:05:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Woody K. Nibs.. What an interesting name!

Enjoy your weekend! :-)

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 7:32:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Lifeless in Ohio said...

I forgot about cartoons in the newspaper. I loved Dagwood and Blondie! And I like your type of music as well. Happy FF.

Friday, May 2, 2008 at 8:38:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Helena said...

great feast. I bet your dog is beautiful! From the ones I have seen they all look like so much fun to have, as a friend! Have a great weekend!

Saturday, May 3, 2008 at 6:02:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Beatles. And my father was a huge fan, too.

Saturday, May 3, 2008 at 8:18:00 AM CDT  
Blogger M0rN1nG & N!cE said...

Loved reading through your answers. :) I love Dagwood and Blondie too.

Btw, I'm inviting you to share your thoughts on this topic > http://www.mommastuff.com/?p=176

N!cE
http://www.nicemorning.net
http://www.mommastuff.com

Sunday, May 4, 2008 at 6:35:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Bela said...

i agree with your soup. taking care of a pet is a big responsibility. i have a labrador and I don't think we can ever take care of another one specially now that we have an active two years old.

thanks for dropping by my feast.

http://www.womenxplore.com/

Sunday, May 4, 2008 at 11:31:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home