Thursday, May 01, 2008

National Day Of Prayer

Psalm 28:7

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him and I am helped.


My prayer for this day.

    Holy Father, thank you for all that you do for us;
    for shielding us, for your strength, for your forgiveness.

    We are weak, we are preoccupied and we fail every day;
    yet in your forgiveness, we find our salvation, our unearned grace.

    Help us to heal our divisions Lord; help us to understand our fellow man;
    help us not to hate; help us to be the face of Christ to ALL in need.

    Guide us Father and let us learn from your wisdom;
    Grow our hope, our courage, our joy that we may share our many blessings with the world.

    Amen

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was beautiful and very fitting for my first read of the day. thanks.

Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 10:52:00 AM CDT  
Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Here you are writing all about prayer, I'm screaming for recipes. typical. Don't know why you keep coming back to me, but I'm glad you do! I LOVE to "ring the King," but alas, you have to have been born and bred here to appreciate it, from what everyone tells me. It's SO neat to hear from someone who knows Pizza King. Ah, the memories. Oh, also, did you know the Terhune family that owns all of the McDonald's here? The owner died over the last couple of days, very sad. And what's weird is, I have a draft of a post about Muncie having the last "single-arch" McDonald's sign in the country. I just re-read this comment. Tell me again why you come back to me??? :)

Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 3:54:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

ah, thanks for this.

Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 7:55:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home