Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Sounds of Silence

I'm just sitting here at the keyboard listening to the sound of silence. Dee and her girls had to leave on Friday because this was Dee's weekend to work as a labor and delivery nurse and the girls weekend with their Dad. Jamie and Shawn did not start back until around 3:30am today. She has to stop in Pensacola to pick up her girls on her way home. I will be anxious until I know she has the girls with her and back on the road to their home and until they actually reach their home. Like most mothers, I worry about my family when they are traveling.

I will be in church (or at least Sunday School) this morning but I think mom is going to stay home. It's been a hectic week and I want that sense of peace that I get from my church community / family and she can use the rest and solitude for an hour or two. John might be over in time to keep her company while I am gone. They may even go out for breakfast or maybe she can fix his breakfast for him if he makes it over. He showed up in the middle of the night to see Jamie off, which surprised her. He had already said his goodbyes when he left the night before so she really wasn't expecting to see him again before she left.

Yikes, it's getting late and I need to get ready to go... Happy Sunday to all!

Labels: ,

posted by Marsha at

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Just stopping by to say hi. I'm been really busy these past few days and have neglected my blogging.

Continue enjoying your visit with your Mom!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 9:14:00 AM CST  
Blogger Linda said...

I miss you!!!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 11:30:00 AM CST  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

hope you are back soon!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 11:04:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home