Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Addicted

Yep, it's one of my guilty pleasures in life and I'm so sorry that y'all have to feel the brunt of it! When I play around in Paint Shop Pro I want to show off what I've done regardless of whether it is worthy of showing off or not. Mostly because of the effort I went to in order to get a specific result.

Anyway, here's a couple more projects I've worked on recently. The first one I just finished using a photo of Sarah from a few months ago. This was another Photoshop tutorial I transformed to work in PSP. Come to think of it, so is the other one of Erin and her friends. This picture was taken the same time Sarah's was, the night of Erin's homecoming dance. The effect is supposed to be a retro comic book strip look. I'm not sure the photo was well suited for the effect but again, I had fun, which is what counts the most in my opinion.

If you wonder why I use so many Photoshop tutorials, the reason is that there are so many more tutorials written for Photoshop because of the sheer number of users. I'm not sure why as PSP has almost the same capability, albeit sometimes more difficult because the development has not kept up since Corel took over the product. What is an easy function in Photoshop often must be manually duplicated in PSP. The commands are not the same although the effect is... it's just a matter of learning the program well enough to know what gives a specific effect no matter what you call it. I like the extra challenge but sometimes wish Corel would add some of the newer functionality directly into the program.

Anyway, bear with me while I go through another PSP phase. I'm sure I'll get over it fairly soon as I need to clear out the laundry and dishes I've let pile up while I've been playing. Ginger's pretty upset with me too... she wants to take a few more walks than the oh, say NONE that we've taken the past few days! As usual, Woody K. doesn't care!

sarah_polaroids

erin_retrocomic2

Thanks for looking!

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

These are great too. I forgot to tell you in your last post that I found the 3rd picture to my liking.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 9:07:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I need to learn photoshop. I need some header graphics for two memes I am hosting at Mercedes Rocks: http://mercedesrocks.wordpress.com

You got any pointers or ideas? Or do you provide a service like this? lol!

Have fun with this-I wish I knew how.

Friday, February 29, 2008 at 4:41:00 PM CST  
Blogger Nonnas News said...

I like what you've done with your PaintShop!! I'm learning to use mine thru a yahoo group. It's been fun, but I'm not sure how much of it I will remember. But I've printed some of the lessons out so I can go back if I have to! haha

Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 6:48:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home