Thursday, February 28, 2008

15 Words or Less - Winter Sky

Each week, Laura issues a challenge in the form of a photo of an ordinary or not so ordinary item that participants are to write a poem about using 15 words or less. This week the photo is of bare tree limbs against a winter sky. I have a couple of entries this week. They are quite similar but have a somewhat different tone. The first one is stark and bleak. The second one is less harsh. If I get the time and the mood hits me, I may attempt a few more.



My first effort:
sky gray blue.
limbs bare.
nature sleeping.


Second attempt:
Emerging from the listless sky
The barren tree slumbers through the winter.


Labels:

posted by Marsha at

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marsha, I'm so glad to know "this" is you! I "know" another blogger with "justme" in her URL and obviously I had a case of mistaken identity.

THANK YOU for clearing up the confusion!

And, my new friend.......you can write! These two are simple but with accompanying depth.

Thank you for your words at my place, they greatly encouraged!

(I'll be back...for now, it's time for Idols...on...Fox! :)

Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 7:15:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home