Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wordless Wednesday - September 10, 2008

Duotones


indiana_farm_083108_crop

I took this photo while I was in Indiana at my mothers. It is a picture from a nearby farm that I came across and I simply liked the color of the truck. I cropped a portion of the bottom as it was just a lot of soy beans and didn't add much to (probably distracted from) the photo. I used the result to make a couple of duotones (two toned) from it. I just thought it was fun and decided to share here today.

indiana_farm_bluegrayduo

This one is a blue-gray with black duotone. The blue-gray color was taken from the barn. It turned out to be a lot more gray than blue and rather plain looking in my opinion.

indiana_farm_redduo

The red in this duotone was taken from the truck. I like this one best.

I enjoy doing this type of thing in Paint Shop Pro. The instructions for this one were written for Photoshop but as with most tutorials you can readily adapt them to work in most comprehensive graphic programs. You can read about this process here: Duotones

I guess this is one more not so Wordless Wednesday!

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

13 Comments:

Blogger SandyCarlson said...

I love what you did with this picture. You took it straight out of time.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 5:23:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Vered said...

I love not-so-wordless Wednesdays. I like WORDS. :)

The photos are beautiful.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 6:51:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mojo said...

Honestly, I like the original as well as either of the other two. There's something timeless about it.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 7:50:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Those are all great. I like the original shot, but the duotones pix are very cool too.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 8:06:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the original. The red truck against the gray barn is great.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 8:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger isabella mori said...

hello and happy WW!

i like the black and white one it's kind of mysterious ...

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 8:29:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm liking the blue black tone.
I'm with you that Paint shop prro has got lots to offer :)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 9:02:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Gattina said...

I too like to play around with pictures. the results are sometimes so funny !

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 10:44:00 PM CDT  
Blogger jams o donnell said...

I particularly like the last shot, It does work well. Although the red/blue contrast of teh original shot is very effective.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 2:27:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Robin said...

The red duotone looks amazing - it really shows off the different angles of the truck against the barn.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 3:09:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Anna said...

Thanks for stopping by my site! Those are some great shots! :)

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 6:48:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Junebug said...

Beautiful photo. I don't have Photoshop on this computer. It's an iMac. I have it to put on my other computer for IBM, just haven't done it yet.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 7:49:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the picture in general. Being from the midwest (Kansas), I love, love, love all kinds of farm-type pictures.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 8:43:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home