Thursday, October 09, 2008

Quotes and Stuff

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -- Mark Twain

Mark Twain was a pretty smart fellow. It seems to me that I've gotten into the worse spots of my life when I was the most certain that I knew what I was doing or when I didn't bother to listen to that nagging little voice in the back of my mind telling me to stop and take more time before acting. The only thing I seem to know for sure today is that the older I get the less I seem to know for sure.

***********************

Today, I am headed to my daughter's home and will be going to Erin and Emily's high school homecoming game tonight to watch the band perform their pre-game show. I'll be with them tomorrow as they both get ready for the homecoming dance. It's Emily's first year in high school and her first homecoming dance and I'm excited for her. Erin has a new boyfriend that I am anxious to meet and of course Sarah Grace is always a real joy in my life. I am taking Ginger but Woody will be on his own until I return home either late tomorrow night or early Saturday morning. He will have everything he needs in place before we head out the door in just a few hours.

I hope to get back to blogging soon and with this little mini-trip and the pictures I will take while I am there I should have material to post at least an entry or two.

I wanted to thank those of you who have corresponded in some way to ask about my well-being... your concern is appreciated.

***********************


"No one knows the story of tomorrow's dawn." -- African Proverb

I'm trying hard as an old dog to learn to take one day at time and to enjoy what life places in front of me each day instead of lamenting what didn't happen that I expected or anticipated. Why is that so hard?


Enjoy this day everyone!

Labels: ,

posted by Marsha at

2 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

"....the older I get the less I seem to know for sure" - I so agree Marsha! Hope you have a good trip :-)

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 3:47:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe journey, friend.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 1:21:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home