Friday, September 12, 2008

I (don't) Like Ike!

Ike, the hurricane headed for the east Texas coastline, is huge. Unlike the popular Republican candidate for President in the 50's, whose campaign issued buttons that read I Like Ike, this Ike is not liked. He is dreaded. Although I am not under hurricane or tropical storm warnings, the area I live in is facing severe weather for the next two days as a result of Ike's presence in our area. My daughter Dee and her family live in Bossier City, near Shreveport where tropical storm warnings are in effect later today. They could face some serious winds, lots of rainfall and possible tornadoes there. Needless to say, I am concerned not only for them but for all those who may be affected by this storm.

Ike is already making his power known in the gulf as the Galveston, Texas is experiencing flooding as is the Lake Charles area in southwestern Louisiana. Lake Charles does not sit directly on the coastline like Galveston does but is near enough that water from the gulf is being forced by the sheer power of Ike into the lake south of the town and creating some serious conditions for those fine people who live south of me.


Let's keep all those who may be in harm's way in our prayers for their safety and that the damage to homes and other property will be minimal.

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I too feel for those in Ike's path. I've been monitoring the storm. I just wish we could get some rain.

Stop by when you get a chance. I have an award for you.

Have a great weekend.

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 2:53:00 PM CDT  
Blogger irish daisies said...

i've been watching also and praying for those in the path. I am still wanting to move to corpus christi tx.
Ike, Ike go away please don't come back another day!!

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 3:42:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home