Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Privilege

I hope each and everyone of you took the time today to exercise your privilege to vote for the candidate of your choice. I made a conscious decision when I started this blog to avoid politics and political statements and for me, that was an appropriate choice. It isn't always easy for me to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself as I can be as opinionated and passionate as the next guy or gal. All I want to say here is that regardless of who wins this election, we will have change. It will be different than it has been for the past eight years and I am not sure we ought to expect anything more than that.

So if you have not voted and your polling place is still open, please go get in line and vote. At one point in this election season, I found myself quite tempted to not vote in the presidential election this year but I know in my heart that to not appreciate the privilege of voting and to deny my personal responsibility as a citizen to participate in the only way I can would be a mistake.

All that I have left to say is that I am praying for all of America and for her new leaders regardless of who wins the various elections.

God Bless America!

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

It IS a privilege. and I have famkly and friends all over the map (not to mention parish members), so to me it behooves people to speak with respect about each other. Hard to do, but thanks for your wise thoughts here.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 9:08:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home