Saturday, June 23, 2007

Friday Feast #149 (my first)

This is the first time I've participated in a Friday Feast.
Appetizer -Name a funny habit you have.

It has to be talking to myself. I do it all the time. I'm not sure if that is funny or if it is a sign of my craziness.

Soup -If you could instantly know how to play a musical instrument, which one would you pick?

Either the piano or guitar. I've tried both at different times and can pick out melodies, chords on each but can't really play either well enough to do so in front of people. On a side note, my middle child, daughter Dee, plays the bagpipes and I am in awe of her taking on that challenge. She is quite good at it too!

Salad -How long is your hair?

It's all one length(except for the bangs), about an inch or two below the bottom of my ears.

Main Course -When was the last time you forgave someone, and who was it?

Generally, I practice forgiveness continually and find that I sometimes need to forgive an incident or acknowledge the forgiveness of an incident over and over as forgiving seems to come easy but forgetting does not, at least for me. As a result, when I find myself thinking of a past wrong that I know I have forgiven, I mentally re-forgive (or remind myself that I've forgiven that incident) in order to let the reminder go. It seems to be working for me as I find myself thinking of old hurts less often since I've started the practice. Specifically, the last person I forgave was myself last weekend for simply being human and not being able to attend the funeral of my best friend. I was out of town where I was needed and where I needed to be but I will always feel some regret that I was not there for her funeral.

Dessert -What is your favorite kitchen appliance?

I've always loved the built in grill / gridle combination on my stovetop and used it extensively over the years. I need to replace the entire unit and hope to find another one with that feature.

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

5 Comments:

Blogger Joseph C. Harris said...

Great Feast and welcome. My feast is now up on my site.

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 9:36:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

I've never heard of this! but it's interesting!

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 6:11:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Kim said...

Great feast today! Thanks for stopping by! Nice to find another Misplaced Midwesterner!

Love your appetizer! I do that too.

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 10:29:00 PM CDT  
Blogger marie said...

Good post, Marsha. I haven't commented for some time (daughter's graduation/end-of-the school-year rush) and I was sad to read that Margaret had passed away. Also, prayers regarding your mother's health. I hope she'll be able to stay in her lovely home until the very end. Sounds like she's had a wonderful life---and blessed with wonderful children, too.

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 10:32:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Marsha said...

Thanks for the prayers Marie. She's doing better now that the soreness has worked itself out. I will be here a little longer than planned but that has been par for the course the past couple of years between running into concerns with either her or dad's well being during visits.

Sunday, June 24, 2007 at 1:32:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home