Saturday, December 15, 2007

Long Time, No Blog

It has certainly been awhile since I posted here. So much has happened since my last entry, I would be hard pressed to catch you up to date with everything that occurred in that time.

A brief summary would start with going to Indiana to pick up Mom, leaving there a few days later, heading south for Louisiana, stopping two nights in different locations in Tennessee before arriving back home where I rearranged several rooms of furniture (including moving my computer which was a massive chore) before my daughters arrived, so our Thanksgiving included mom, all 3 of my children and 3 of my 5 granddaughters (and missing the other two with every fiber of our being), lots of running around and cooking and eating, several plumbing mishaps (messy and serious - why always when people are here?), putting up a brand new never been used Christmas tree that half the lights don't work on that never got decorated and is still standing bare in the corner, another round of gut wrenching difficulties I can't / won't go into involving the two granddaughters not with us over Thanksgiving (think separation / divorce that has drug on for almost two years now), taking Mr. Woody K. Nibs to the vet for what we finally discovered was a snake bite on his foot (a baby ground rattler that got the worst end of the deal as I found him dead on the back porch shortly after I took Woody to the vet - and yes, they are poisonous but thankfully he must not have had much if any venom as basic antibiotics took care of the bite), a quick trip to Bossier City with Mom to spend a weekend with daughter Dee and her girls (and Nick) and seeing the Christmas lights at the Rose Center in Shreveport, leaving there in time to get home and take mom to my church for our Hanging of the Greens ceremony and the Cajun Christmas (food) Celebration afterwards hosted by one of our Sunday School classes where she got to meet many of my good friends, a last few days here at my home where mom was able to spend a lot of time with my son and I just relaxing and visiting before heading back up to Indiana over a week ago to find 8" of snow (which I thoroughly enjoyed before deciding I am now firmly a devout southerner after the cold really set in), eating a lot and spending time with my brother and his family before heading back very early yesterday morning and driving straight through to see a very excited Ginger and Mr. Nibs... well, Ginger was excited... Woody didn't really seem to care until much later in the evening when he jumped up on my lap and purred contentedly for an hour or so.

Aren't you glad I kept this brief?

I did visit the sites of some of my blogger friends and tried to keep up with everyone as much as possible and thank those who left comments while I have been 'away'. This is the longest I have ever gone without spending a great deal of time on my computer and handling email. I just let it all go while mom was here and I think it was good for me, even forsaking significant use of my laptop while at mom's... which isn't hard since dial-up is the only connection I can get there and just in case I've never told you before... dial-up really sucks!

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

2 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Wow, you have certainly had an eventful couple of weeks! Glad Mr Nibs is okay after the snake bite!

I am having a dry spell blogwise too, life is just busy, busy, busy right now. I think it's good to have a "blogging vacation" every now and then.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 at 12:51:00 AM CST  
Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

glad you are back!

Sunday, December 16, 2007 at 8:42:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home