Monday, February 25, 2008

My Brother's House

My brother and his wife live in a really nice older farmhouse that they bought some years ago and have remodeled over the years. I took several photos of the house on one of my visits home because I promised my sister-in-law that I would paint a picture of the house. I haven't done that yet but yesterday I did play with a small version of one of the photos I took in Paint Shop Pro.

The first photo is as it came straight out of the camera. The second one is an edited version where I lowered the color value through a desaturation process then used blend modes and sharpening to get the effect that I wanted. The third version is the result of a Photoshop tutorial I found on the web and converted it for use in Paint Shop. The process digitally duplicates an effect from a cheap Russian camera called Lomo photography. Rather than try to explain the effect here, you can read about it at the site where the tutorial is found. I'm not sure how effective I was at producing a true Lomo photography effect but I enjoyed trying.

al_em_house_sooc_small

al_em_house_desatprocess

al_em_house__lomoprocess

I like each of these versions of the photo for different reasons but mostly because I got to spend time playing in PSP.

Labels:

posted by Marsha at

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

These are wonderful. I actually took a little time and went through a PSP beginners tut and made a banner. That was big for me. Seems like I can't concentrate when there's dusting and vacuuming waiting for me.
And, that is always waiting for me.

A fellow blogger asked me what editing software I use. I told her about your blog and that you always have great pictures of your work.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 9:05:00 AM CST  
Blogger Marsha said...

Gee Linda, what a nice comment.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 9:24:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home