Saturday, November 08, 2008

Unbelievably Proud

I know. I just posted that I try to avoid political posts, but this one is more about my granddaughters taking a stance and expressing their points of view than it is about politics. It is about the character they show by the statements they made that I am proud of.

The first statement was made by my oldest granddaughter, Erin, who just turned 16 a week ago. I think it took guts for her to stand up and make this statement on her MySpace page.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008

If you don’t have anything nice to say...
Current mood: annoyed

Alright, look. I'm really tired of hearing about this election.
It's Over. Obama Won.

I'm disappointed about the outcome of the election, but some of yall are being ridiculous. I wasn't an Obama supporter because I don't agree with his view on things like abortion, the economy, and the border control between America and Mexico. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with his race or his religion.

I'm a Christian. I believe very strongly in Jesus Christ and in God's word, and I take what the Bible says to heart. But to all of you out there saying that the world is going to end, the Rapture is going to happen, Obama is the anti-christ... You've obviously never paid attention in Sunday School. You see, God says that we will not be able to predict when the Rapture will happen. We're not gonna see it coming. If you say that the Rapture is coming in the next few years and you know it, you are basically arguing with God's word. Only He knows when the time is right, and it'll take us by complete surprise.

Yes, Obama is different. He's young and he's fairly inexperienced, but who knows? He may do this country some good. We're already screwed at the moment; how much worse could it get? I don't agree with the man's politics but that doesn't mean that I'm going to disrespect the leader of this country. If anything, he needs our support.

Everyone's talking about how horrible he is. He hasn't even taken office yet, so how do you know, exactly? How do YOU know that Obama is so horrible, and that he's going to kill us all and destroy the earth and reveal himself as Satan during the 7 years of Trials & Tribulations? You don't. Most of you are just repeating what you've heard your friends, family, and the TV say anyways. You don't even know enough about McCain or Obama to form your own original opinion on the matter that you're so ignorantly debating. I didn't want him to be president one bit but I'm not going to sit here and bash him, either. Because I don't know what good, or bad, he can do to our country.

I say suck it up. He won, and there's nothing your whining can do to change it. In four years the world will still be here, America will be bored with Mr. Barack, and we can all move on with our lives.

Agree or Disagree. Doesn't bother me one bit.

The post below was made by my granddaughter Emily, who put this on her MySpace site the day before the election. I'm not certain, but I doubt that she will have a career in politics... what a shame... a little more blunt honesty might be just what the political arena needs.
Date: Nov 3, 2008 9:39 PM
Subject: oh my bama
Body: obama isnt even black!!!!!!!!!

my gosh if your gonna tell me im not voting for someone because they're black, make sure they actually ARE.

he's half black..he's also half white!
if a black person said they werent voting for obama, i could say "your racist, your just against him because he's white"

but everyone would think i was crazy.

and why? i dont have a clue.
but he is just as much white as he is black so DROP THE WHOLE RACE ISSUE!

i dont like obama or mccain . mccain is better, but i dont like him. theyll both mess up our country so it doesnt really matter who wins.

so get over it! it doesnt matter who gets elected. america is screwed.
Their political views do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog's management but I can say this, I am definitely proud of them for having the courage to take the high road where character and doing the right thing matters. Oh and that I am a little concerned about Emily's grammar... honors student huh? must be a myspace thing!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Marsha at

2 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

It is so encouraging that there are thinking teenagers out there who are not afraid to express their views.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 3:47:00 AM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Geez... their parents have always tried to teach them how important it is to leave room for others' views, and at the same time that it's crucial to form their own opinions and be proud that they can think for themselves, whether or not they agree with the herd (which so often can't differentiate between "the wisdom of the masses" and "the tyranny of the majority").

But the shocking thing is to realize that they may have actually been listening... ;-)

(BTW, that IM/MySpace grammar bugs the crap out of me, too. You kids ever hear of a SHIFT key? Well, at least she uses some punctuation. When they write in paragraph-long run-on sentences, I say it hurts their credibility. They say, "whatever, old man"...)

Glad your daughter pointed me to the blog. Good luck w/ the printer- I think SimpleMom may have hit upon a perfect recipe for informing and increasing traffic/RSS subscriptions at the same time. Epson Rules! (You can't see it, but my fist is in the air as I say that).

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 9:27:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home