Saturday, August 10, 2013

Soon to be 90 - Aged To Perfection


 My family held a birthday party for my mother last weekend to celebrate her upcoming 90th birthday. We came from near and far, mostly far as only Mom and one of my brothers, his wife and son still live in the area where we grew up. There are still cousins there but the majority of mom's direct descendants came from Florida, Louisiana, Texas, the Carolinas and Missouri to honor her on this special occasion.

We held the party at my brothers home and had over 100 people join us for hamburgers, hot dogs, just plain fun as the kids climbed trees, rock piles, took pictures, hiked around the farm and pond area and even the adults enjoyed the games that were set up. We took many pictures, including shots of each of the four descending family lines. We had all four of her children, all but one grandchild, all but four great grandchildren and all of her great-greats were there.

Here's mom looking out at us lined up along the lane to my brother's house, singing happy birthday to her as my younger sister drove her in.

 Many of the grandkids greeted her, some in tears, some in humor as she and granddaughter Missi, show their kindred spirit in the photo above! This photo was a favorite on Facebook!

This is a picture of the photo quilt my sister made for mom for this occasion. It is massive and full of memories in the form of pictures from family and friends over the years.

 This is a picture of Mom with each of her four children. From left to right as you look at the photo are my sister Robin, mom seated, me on her left. Brothers Jim and Alan are in the back.

This is a picture of her entire line of descendants, in-laws and a couple of future family members as two of her great-granddaughters are engaged to be married. I'm sorry we couldn't all be there but we were close, closer than I thought we would be in the beginning of the planning process. There are so many more pictures that I could post here, but these will do for now. 

So happy 90th Mom. Your family loves you!

Labels: , ,

posted by Marsha at

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Marsha

How lucky you are to be able to enjoy your mother's 90th birthday, she looks wonderful, as do you.

Happy Birthday to your mother :)

Jeni

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 11:52:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Marsha said...

Thanks Jeni! Appreciate your kind comments and I am very appreciative to still have my mother... she is the last of her generation and is precious to our entire family.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 4:05:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home