Monday, June 25, 2007

Quiet Times In Middle America

Just a few more photos I've taken while out and about the area.

I drove out to the resevoir one day to get pictures of the sailboats and found a serious little fisherman on the bank.




















I didn't manage to catch any of the sailboats out on the lake but settled instead for a 'group' picture of the docked boats.















These next pictures are of the covered bridge at Mathews, Indiana. We stopped here on our way to Upland to get ice cream at Ivanhoe's.















Mathews has a covered bridge festival every year in September. My sister and I went last year as we were both still at home with mom after dad died. Indiana has quite a number of covered bridges and the area we live in used to have more than can be found today. Unfortunately, some of them were destroyed by vandalism.















Looking at the inside structure of this bridge out to the road as it continues. I started to walk across the bridge, but found that I couldn't. I have a bridge phobia and while I didn't have a problem riding across this one in my brother's van, I just couldn't make myself walk the 'planks'.














On our way home, we passed by the little airfield near my mom's home where there were about 20 hot air balloons either going up, landing or in the process of breaking down for the night.

I took several pictures of those also but I'll save them for another entry... because dial-up sucks!

Labels: ,

posted by Marsha at

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane M. Roth said...

these are gorgeous pictures, marsha!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 8:28:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home