Friday, May 18, 2007

The Face Of Friendship

Late yesterday evening, I got good news about my friend Margaret. Her husband left a message on my answering machine telling me that she would be released this coming Monday morning from the local hospital where she has been almost continuously over the past three months battling a serious lung infection / pneumonia. They will leave that afternoon for Dallas to admit her to the Baylor Medical facility where she will complete her rehabilitation and start the preliminary testing towards the Bone Marrow Transplant she desperately needs. This will be her second BMT.

I won't go into all the details here as I have already posted them in an earlier entry. Read that entry here if you have the chance. I warn you that it is lengthy, but gives much of the background on our friendship and her need for a second miracle in her life.

This picture, which admittedly is not one of our best, shows us at a time when we were both struggling with injury (me) or disease (Margaret). I had been in a serious car wreck with three of my granddaughters and Margaret was still undergoing treatment for cancer that led to her first BMT just a few months after this photo was taken.

Please keep Margaret in your prayers for the continued rehabilitation of her lungs and to regain her strength so that she may have her second transplant and that the transplant will be successful. Please be sure to mention her family and the donor as well. To any or all who have given this precious gift of life to someone in the past or may be on a list to do so in the future, know that you are a miracle, not only to the person you are donating to, but to all who love and care about them.

Margaret, Dave and I are packing our bags and waiting only for you to recover so that we can make that trip to Chicago to see Oprah!

(leaving the song Miss You as I am indeed missing my friend and will until she recovers fully)

Labels: , ,

posted by Marsha at

2 Comments:

Blogger marie said...

I commented on your other post re: Margaret, and I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. Thanks for sharing the picture. :)

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 11:11:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Marsha said...

Marie,

Since I can't find any other way to reply to you, I will just enter my thanks here for your comments and your prayers. They are much appreciated.

Marsha

Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 12:17:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home